Tap the circle to view the story
The Rabbit Hole Of Syncoptation
Laying in bed, scrolling through tiktok, I came across a video talking about syncopation. It got me to thinking:
Does pole dancing use syncopation? And what is this shit anyway… so I started down the rabbit hole and this is partially the result.
I posted most of my curiosity finds on Instagram in my stories but I have omitted a fews slides/videos in this archival recap in order to preserve the serendipity of that day, which could have only been understood if you were immersed at that exact time.
Sharing the curiosity, questions and responses began from people began to pop up in my inbox and we started discussing:
- Is syncopation and musicality the same thing?
- What does musicality look like?
- Black strippers and making the beat visible
Story Content Sources
- “It’s not crazy it’s ludicrous” , TikTok video via @thisisfortunes
- “Some of y’all on option 3 and ion like that” , TikTok video via @ziggityler
- “SYNCOPATION IN RAP” , TikTok video via @mazbouq
- “#spinpole @a2_vii – I Need” , Instagram video via @teyeger
- “When you’re messy, fucking around, and some pathways slowly fall into place…” , Instagram video via @carmineblackdance
- “…THEY HAVE ROSES IN EM!”, Instagram video via @madamemoonwater
- “…Y’all almost let me forget it was #twerktuesday “ , Instagram video via @vjsfiyastarta
- Syncopation thoughts via @_mrz_savage, @sensualdevotions , @carmineblackdance , @lizslaiborne
- “#bdashchallenge musicality” , TikTok video via @bdash_2
- “The galleria mall was lit asf “, TikTok video via @jubi2fye